Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Haaa?? I'm a grandma??

today me and my girls (minus busy hubby v_v) went to Sungai Buloh to attend my uncle's kenduri kesyukuran. even though the weather was like 100°F that afternoon, but what a day.. the foods were marvelous. me and my girls really stuffed ourselves n_n.

but what more exciting was meeting the crowd. my family on my mum's side is huge! my late grandma had 11 children. like other women in her days, she got married very very young. and the super healthy dietary that our ancestors practiced enabled them to get pregnant until 40++ years old.  so it was normal back then to have children with the same age as your grandchildren. so you can imagine how diversified my family tree is ;D. i can remember the names of my cousins but clueless when it comes to their offspring ;P. i only know whose child belongs to who if they're on their parents' lap.

so this afternoon of course a few questions arouse every time i saw unfamiliar faces. i saw my cousin holding a baby and i asked "abang mus.. anak siapa tu?". "anak si mohsin.." he replied pointing to my nephew who was devouring the satay behind me. i nodded at first but then i stunned "haaaa??? i dah jadi nenek keeeeerrrrr???" people at our table blasted with laughters upon hearing my remark. they started teasing me and laughed at themselves too because they realized that they are the great-grandmas and great-grandpas.

while i laughed louder with every single jokes erupted from our new discoveries and still overwhelmed by the fact that me being a grandma at 37, suddenly i saw my youngest cousin beaming at us with her adorable twinkle eyes. then i said "wahhh.. haziqah nenek muda laaaa!!"
can u imagine how it's like to call this super cute 6years old 'nenek'?? ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment